● Comprehensive data on more than 140 types of fruits, veggies, legumes, nuts and herbs.
● Search what’s in season at any time of year in each of the 50 states.
● Find out when your favorite produce is at peak freshness and tastes the best.
● Easily set shopping reminders so you’ll never forget to pick up your favorite seasonal foods at your next trip to the market.
● Never miss a seasonal food again! You can seamlessly set reminders for when your favorite foods are in season.
● Includes links to incredible recipes, fun facts and information about the environmental impact of growing each type of produce.
● Data sources: the Natural Resources Defense Council, USDA, state agriculture extension offices and state departments of agriculture.
● Seasonality data accurate to half-month increments.
● A free, food literacy resource developed by a nonprofit.
What is seasonal food?
Seasonal food is produce that is purchased and consumed around the time that it is harvested.
Why is it important to eat food that’s in season?
Studies indicate that seasonal food can be fresher, tastier and more nutritious than food consumed out of season. Seasonal fruits and vegetables produced on local farms are often fresher, as they do not require long distances for transport. Also, unlike out of season produce which is harvested early in order to be shipped and distributed to your local retail store, crops picked at their peak ripeness are full of flavor. Studies also show that fruits and vegetables may contain more nutrients when allowed to ripen naturally on their parent plant.
Why is eating local food important?
● Purchasing local food benefits the environment and helps support local farms in your community. A recent USDA study also found that direct-to-consumer producers were less likely to apply pesticides and herbicides to control weeds and insects than conventional producers (with the exception of chemicals to control insects and weeds in fruit, nut and berry crops).
● By purchasing local food, you’re supporting your community! The money you spend on products from local farmers and growers stays in the community and is reinvested with other local businesses, which generates jobs and subsequently stimulates local economies.
● Local growers can tell you how your food was grown. When you buy directly from farmers, you have the opportunity to ask what practices they use to raise and harvest the crops, enhancing consumer transparency around the steps it takes to get our food from farm to table.
The Seasonal Food Guide is a project of GRACE Communications Foundation, a nonprofit organization that develops innovative strategies to increase public awareness of the critical environmental and public health issues created by our current industrial food system, and to advocate for more sustainable alternatives.
If you have any questions about the Seasonal Food Guide or would like to make a suggestion, please contact email@example.com.
Download The Seasonal Food Guide For PC Windows & Mac
- At first, download and install BlueStacks App Player completely. You can have a look at the guide: How To Install Android Apps for PC via BlueStacks.
- Once downloaded and setup, open BlueStacks.
- Now in BlueStacks click on the Search Button in the very first row on BlueStacks home screen.
- Now in the search box type, ‘The Seasonal Food Guide’ and get the manager in Google Play Search.
- Click the app and install it.
- Once installed, find The Seasonal Food Guide in all apps in BlueStacks, click to open it.
- Use your mouse’s right button/click to use this application.
- Follow on-screen instructions to learn about The Seasonal Food Guide and play it properly.
That’s All for the The Seasonal Food Guide For PC Please Follow PCAppInfo.com for the Info about More Apps and Games For PC.